View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 14, 2015, 4:21 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
True... but by "isn't that tall" I'm assuming you mean it won't be a supertall, but it could hit 800+ feet which would be nice for the area.
At this point in the game, I think simply being a supertall wouldn't account for a whole lot, unless it were in the real of 1,400 ft or so. I doubt we would get anything that tall, though they would probably go for tallest hotel. The site is not far from the Tower Verre site, which would be the closest supertall. But it's a rare and unique full block site, so I would like something nice to go up here.

Quote:
Qatari investment firm Al Rayyan Tourism and Investment is closing in the next few days on the acquisition of the 689-room Manhattan at Times Square Hotel for $535 million...

Insiders said the new owners are eyeing options including constructing a new building on a portion of the parcel where there is now a swimming pool, or demolishing the entire structure and erecting a 900,000-square-foot tower.
If it's going to be strictly hotel, I wouldn't expect too much. If we get a residential/hotel mix, it could be more interesting. If we get an idea of chosen architects, that would give us a clue on what to expect. But they're gonna want to get that money back multiple times.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.