View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 18, 2023, 9:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleWhiteOut View Post
In a forum full of insane takes, this might take the cake. Do you honestly really think Chinatown is connected to the CCP? And you think the government of a foreign power gives a shit about a stadium in Philadelphia? Not everything is a global conspiracy. I'd like an actual poll done, but from the many people I've talked to from different social circles, the stadium is not as broadly popular, even outside of Chinatown residents, as it is on here.
Yeah that take is more than a bit sensationalized. I don’t think anyone that’s honestly objecting to the arena out of an, in my option misguided, fear that the arena will destroy Chinatown is even thinking of the Chinese government. They’re two different things to me and I think most people as well. Just because someone is Chinese doesn’t mean they support Xi or the CCP. As to the support issue, idk in my own life most people I know in the city are for it. I have a coworker or two that are opposed but by and large my friends are supportive of the proposal, or at least not opposed.