View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 9, 2011, 3:44 PM

So, let me see if I have this right:
If I have an image that I am uncertain of it's original photographer-publsher, etc., then don't post it.
Right? That's what I'm hearing.
I have several boxes of negatives and prints from 40-50 years old, or more.
I have collected them over the years a purchased them from garage sales of people have given them to me.
They are not magazines, newspapers or books. Many are just discarded family photos which just happen to have been taken in Los Angeles. They are simply aging photographs that I have scanned.
Maybe photographed by a housewife, maybe by a professional photographer. I'll never know.
None of us will never know. It's just a photo with no name, no nothing written on it whatsoever.

I would never ever not give credit for any posts unless I just didn't know.

Look, I'm a retired professional photographer....50 years worth.
I get to see my personal images splattered all over the internet everyday without any credit to me.
So don't give me any lectures about the decency of "credit where credit is do".
I've been here three weeks and have been trying to fit in with all of you seasoned "Noir Fans".
So, whats the word on these boxes of photos that have no writing on them?
Keep them to myself? Or should I just say...."photographer unknown", or leave them in a box for my cat to sleep on?
Can you imagine what history books, biographies, etc. would look like if every single image that had no information on who took the photo were never published? Think about it.

Last edited by SierraMadre; Oct 9, 2011 at 5:10 PM.