View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 13, 2013, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arquitect View Post
These programs are quite common. It is not just a two year degree, since everyone who enters has obtained a bachelors degree, most people I know who have done these sort of programs did some sort of pre-med degree. And, most nurses learn most of their skills on the job, rather than in a classroom. So no need to fear, even if they are being educated by the U of A.
Was mostly being facetious, but the first strike was them being UA grads.

Not sure if you read the description correctly, but this type of program is NOT common. It's the first of its kind in Arizona and it doesn't sound like most of the graduates are from pre-med programs. Most are graduates with bachelor degrees in other fields, and I quote: "MEPN is an accelerated nursing program for students with a non-nursing baccalaureate degree who would like to become registered nurses...The first Phoenix graduates hold degrees that include veterinary science, education, anthropology, exercise science, law, philosophy, biology and anatomy."

I guess the grads with degrees in veterinary science, biology and anatomy would know more about the basics regarding the body and its processes. I'm a little "old fashioned" when it comes to the proper instruction of our medical professionals. But hey, sounds like an interesting program. If I get bored with the business world I guess I have another option now!

Last edited by phxSUNSfan; Aug 13, 2013 at 5:52 PM.