View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 12, 2007, 11:39 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFguy View Post
I think Smiling Bob is on to something with the incentives. I know for sure that the city of Poky, Power county, and the Shoban tribe are paying for all the infrastructure needed, and as far as tax incentives, I'm sure they got a pretty sweet deal.

Amen, IFguy. I read the "package" and who is absorbing what costs too. Not exactly "fair" competition in my book. Also, Pocatello's airport has lost out in commercial passenger traffic, compared to Idaho Falls having 5 airlines with direct connections. When Big Sky's Turbo Prop 18 seaters are the only airline seats available from Pocatello 2 Boise, well you decide. Plus, SkyWest doesn't fly nearly as many flights to Pocatello as Idaho Falls. Poky airport may easily end up being another Love Field.

As far as the best development for IF in 06', I would have to put my vote on the Sunnyside Exit. I do believe that the south end of IF has needed that freeway access for along time and it should lead to further developments in the area. My choice too for the same reasons, but must admit, eastidaho has a valuable point with Melaleuka Field. Thanks to both of you for your views.

And the worst development, I'm going to have to side with eastidaho on this, that strip mall next to the Ammon WalMart is hideous looking, too big, out of place ---UGH!
It's one thing to develop property, it's another one to build a giant eyesore on some pretty valuable retail property.
What do you expect next to WalMart? Who developed that "structure" anyway?

I wonder if anyone could get some pics of the "Green Monster" that sits next to the Ammon Walmart and post them here so that everyone can see what a pile of doo it is.

I BEG ALL OF YOU TO SKIP IFGuy's last REQUEST!!!!!!! Why pollute this site?

Last edited by N2I.F.; Jan 13, 2007 at 12:49 AM.