View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 17, 2018, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
Nice edition to downtown. Refurbished medium highrise on the edge of the East Exchange District and The Forks and a hop, skip and a jump to the ballpark. Will this be a 3* or 4* hotel?
According to my travel pal in California and from what I know, anything Hyatt including Hyatt Place hotels are always first rate in the category they are placed in no matter the star rating.... It would be perhaps 3.5 * to 4 * It will be nothing like 5 * Park Hyatt or 5 * Hyatt Regency since they are larger with banquet rooms, more dining options and a true full serve hotel like our Fairmont etc.. Still a great add to our under served need for hotels downtown. Over the years we have lost some like Sheraton, PLR etc...With the expansion of the RBC convention centre and closures of near 300 rooms @ PLR plus with the Marlborough not so much a top choice and a couple others no longer rated as 3.5 or better, we are in need for a couple more. Glad that Sutton will be added and hope for a couple more. I would say one high end like Mariott or Westin, Hilton and then a moderate priced one like Courtyard by Marriott 4 points Sheraton, Clarion.

Last edited by BAKGUY; Jun 17, 2018 at 6:26 PM. Reason: edit