View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 7:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post
The problem is how to have a bill that covers 15th & Chestnut where sidewalk access is dearly needed but not cover other areas where its not such a big deal. The devil is in the details. What about out at 23th & Market, are the sidewalks important out there? And since most new laws don't include a sunset provision once they are passed we are stuck with them.
Why not tie it to the zoning? I don't think the correlation between size of a building and the need for a space to be walk-able is that big of a stretch. The potential next few phases of the CHoP towers in Devils Pocket and some Delaware facing developments could be outliers, but for the most part it should hold true that bigger buildings in Philadelphia are built in places with high density and a greater need for walk-ability. If it increases the cost of construction (and I would assume this would be a fairly fixed cost although I honestly have no knowledge of these kinds of costs), then wouldn't that give developers more incentive to build UP and add more floors and recoup the difference?