View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 6, 2015, 5:18 AM
skyscrapers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoboy61 View Post
At least Central Station will have ground level retail and maybe a grocery store.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymratmanaz View Post
GREAT NEWS!!!!! I talked to a friend of mine who designed a number of buildings downtown. He has been talking to the Central Station designer. He told me this morning that the design for Central Station now includes a grocery store. They have not determined which brand but there will be one on ground floor!!!!!!!!!!
I'm glad that someone else has heard this too. I spoke to an insider with the project back in March who claimed that the developer was dedicating space for a grocery store.

I hope it's an urban Fry's. If I wanted to go to Fry's when I lived downtown, I had to go 7th Avenue and Camelback or 20th Street and Highland. Downtown dwellers shouldn't have to drive or take the light rail to access one of this state's primary grocery stores. We don't need any "specialty" grocery stores that will shut down within weeks of opening due to lack of business. The last thing I would have wanted living downtown was some small, overpriced grocery store with a bunch of gourmet items that I had no use for. Open a basic, full service grocery store and let Sprouts come when there's more demand.