Thread: Ferry to Boston
View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 29, 2010, 9:33 AM

Yea, I know Canadians were going to the states more as the dollar was at parity or close to it, and Canadians were going down south of the border alot. But Americans were not coming up here as much.

Another thing I think would hurt is our higher taxes. Why would they come to Nova Scotia, when they can just go to New Brunswick and pay less for items they could get in NS. Nova Scotian's are going to NB to get gas, food etc. We should expect tourists to do the same. NB pretty much offers everything that NS has for less... Hell I'd even go to NB if I was a tourist.

Personally I don't think a ferry would work from Hali to Boston. Yes it would be from city to city... But there is just no demand as far as I can see. I don't hear the public screaming for a ferry to Boston, so I doubt one is needed. If a private company wants to do it, all the power to them. I just hope they don't expect to make a fortune out of it.