View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 31, 2019, 9:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
But it's not like what it was before - hence the top to bottom, fully opening up, rolling out $500billion multi-year project? Also, as a suburanite - this mall isn't *really* for you, is it? As a resident this is diversifying my shopping options without the need to get into a car - that's great.

Again, to my other post - urban shopping is in and of itself a unique retail offering when done well. This is the case on Mich Ave, 5th Ave, Newburry, MStreet, Walnut Street, etc. Now, maybe not your cup of tea, but a lot of people enjoy the experience, especially on weekends and during holiday season. And Market East - with the lighted billboards, coupled with other developments like East Market and the potential at 8th and Market, really could provide a unique, exciting visceral shopping experience.
It was admittedly more for me on a daily basis when I worked at 11th and Market. I agree about urban shopping experiences, but other than being in the city, a mall isn’t really an urban shopping experience without said attractions. I am curious what residents think about these offerings versus the gallery.