View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 21, 2018, 4:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanWatson View Post
It's a rental owned by the same developer (and the two buildings will eventually share a parking structure). And what I hear from the few people I know living in the building, is that hardly anyone lives on that side of the building right now. People were getting pretty fed up with the noise from the Alexander construction, and when Dexel announced they were doing this building it was the straw that broke the camel's back and a whole bunch of people on that side moved out. Once all the construction is settled down, I'm sure they'll have no trouble renting them out again. Part of the cost of living downtown.
That's unfortunate. I lived there for 10 years (2004-2014) on the 8th floor. The couple that manages the building are second to none and the company / developer are pretty great too compared to just about any other group in HRM. We ended up leaving partly due to the impending construction headaches in the immediate vicinity plus they don't allow cats (and we were intending to adopt a couple).

I'm looking forward to seeing how it all pans out once the construction mess calms down in future years.