View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 11, 2015, 1:29 AM

If you get a chance to dine at Brazilian Steakhouses, there are a few choices that we (my wife and I, and friends and family we've gone out with) like, esp. for (all-you-can-eat) Rodizio!

In Calgary, we like Bolero, in Saskatoon, there's Saboroso, and then Tourro Churrascaria in Richmond Hill (Toronto). We also went to one in downtown peninsula, Vancouver, but I can't remember what it was called! All of them were very well done, each with an unlimited, well-stocked salad bar when you eat the Rodizio (which was great with our twin and singleton toddlers)!

For all-you-can-eat (of course!) Chinese in North York (Toronto), you can't beat the Dragon Pearl Buffet, with all of their different fresh-prepared food stations (sushi, stir-fry, dim sum, etc.)

While on the topic of all-you-can-eat, Frankie Tomatto's Italian on Woodbine in Markham is pretty good, too! Great value!

Then there's a few a-y-c-e sushi places in both Vancouver and Toronto that we've tried with friends when we're there! Don't forget the extremely kid-friendly IKEA restaurants (not a-y-c-e, but a great value nonetheless)! I love me some Swedish meatballs!!

Saskatoon has their must-go-to Jerry's Food Emporium for gourmet burgers, ice cream -- for the kids, especially, Yip Hong's for excellent dim sum, and of course, a-y-c-e Go for Sushi

Around Regina here, the kid friendly a-y-c-e places we frequent are I Like Sushi, I Love Sushi (same ownership ?), Dynasty Gourmet Asian Buffet; Brewster's, Landmark (south location), and Houston Pizza, Quance St. for brunch, and Cravings for a-la-carte brunch! Not a-y-c-e, Regency Palace, and Mei Wei Bistro are great Chinese food places we often take the family to!

Hotel Saskatchewan Radisson Plaza's (former CP Rail grand format hotel, soon to be Autograph Collection by Marriott) Cortlandt Dining Room, Creek In Cathedral Bistro, The Diplomat, Golf's Steak House, Memories Fine Dining, Greko's Restaurant, The Willow on Wascana each have very nice fine food menus.

There are still a number of recommended and new restaurants around Regina, and even more in Van, T.O., Calgary, S'toon (when we're there) we haven't yet tried, mainly because of our toddlers, but given time and their growing up, we'll try to visit some of them! Plus, we're always on the lookout for yummy Korean (esp. a-y-c-e BBQ) and spicy East Indian cuisines!

Last edited by Scruff Bucket; Apr 11, 2015 at 8:31 AM.