View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 18, 2020, 11:05 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Native 001 View Post
I knew a couple of folks from Orange County when I lived there who talked about the defense layoffs in the late 80s/early 90s with the same kind of PTSD people have when talking about experiencing the 1994 Northridge earthquake. For better or for worse, it was (in some ways) the SoCal equivalent of Midwesterners who had decent jobs at the plants (steel mills, auto, etc) before they all started closing en masse.

My personal favorite "factory on the beach" was San Onofre. I am simplifying this/dumbing it down way too much but it always amused me that someone thought it was a good idea to construct a nuclear power plant right on the beach in a major seismic area. I think it went offline right around the same time as the incident in Fukushima?
i remember the silly early 90s caricatured t-shirts he’d bring back and wear mowing the yard for like seal beach or whatever. he’d always say something like “southern california is full of freaks” but he seemed to enjoy going. early 90s southern california man - Point Break and all that.