View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 11, 2010, 7:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolitherland View Post
I cant really just transfer at this point. I am getting a degree in geology and here you dont have to have calculus to graduate. In almost every other college with geology you have to have all the way up to Cal 3 and Id be in college for an extra two years when Im about to graduate now. Just read through the comments, others are agreeing that it really is like this once you get out of the cities, at least in this part of Arkansas and most other parts of Arkansas I have seen it is similar. Albeit, it is also like this in many other states too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvLaaMdress

Shameless plug

And just for the record, I like Arkansas Tech. It's a good school and has a nice campus. A little more generic than some schools in the state, but it definitely serves its purpose. UAFS has created something of a difficulty for it though, because they are ciphoning off more and more of the population that would normally go to Tech. And UAFS has the advantage of being in the University of Arkansas System.

IMO Tech would be best served if they found another school to join up with and create the third major system in Arkansas. Maybe like Henderson or SAU.

For politics, check out my blog Texas Leftist