Thread: Halifax Retail
View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 18, 2021, 2:08 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDartmouthMark View Post
I hope the Bay doesn't leave - it's nice to have a brick and mortar department store that sells more than low end junk items (Walmart). I've done my share of online shopping during the pandemic and had more disappointments than I care to think about, of items arriving that are damaged, not quite as described, or clothing that does not fit. In some cases returns were such a pain in the ass (or required me to pay shipping) that it wasn't worth my while to send it back, so they went to the 'donate' pile. (/end rant).
I agree about the online shopping. I absolutely refuse. My personal trifecta for opposing online shopping is concern over giving out my VISA card information, porch pirates and the hassle over returns.

Quote:
I know the Bay won't last if there's not a business case for it, however, but I guess we'll see. Seems like an odd place for residential, but I suppose if a tower was built there the views would be spectacular, even if you are still living in a mall parking lot.
The last time I was at Mic Mac Mall, the Bay looked really long in the tooth, and I don't think the chain has invested any money in the store in the last 20 years. HBC is still in contraction mode, and I fear that ultimately it will only maintain a presence in the big six or big eight Canadian cities. Since there are only two Bay stores on the east coast, I think supply chain logistics might mean the closure of the store in the near future. I may be wrong, but this is my fear.

Quote:
I still wondering how they've been allowed to keep the Mic Mac name, and am wondering if that would be the first to go.
I personally have no problem with the name, but I have trouble seeing the name lasting much longer (unless the owners can make a case that the mall is named after the nearby lake rather than the Indian tribe). I doubt the aboriginals would buy this however.