Thread: Halifax Retail
View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 18, 2021, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithC View Post
I'm assuming the Bay will finally see the end of the tunnel and become residential / condo space. Think they'll keep Winners?
I hope the Bay doesn't leave - it's nice to have a brick and mortar department store that sells more than low end junk items (Walmart). I've done my share of online shopping during the pandemic and had more disappointments than I care to think about, of items arriving that are damaged, not quite as described, or clothing that does not fit. In some cases returns were such a pain in the ass (or required me to pay shipping) that it wasn't worth my while to send it back, so they went to the 'donate' pile. (/end rant).

I know the Bay won't last if there's not a business case for it, however, but I guess we'll see. Seems like an odd place for residential, but I suppose if a tower was built there the views would be spectacular, even if you are still living in a mall parking lot.

I'm still wondering how they've been allowed to keep the Mic Mac name, and am wondering if that would be the first to go.