View Single Post
Old Posted May 6, 2021, 6:24 PM

This is an accurate photograph.

The amount of delusional narcissism from the cycling activists is beyond belief. They complain cycling infrastructure is underfunded
in HRM but it seems to me they get more than their fair share of taxpayer resources directed at them. The unused, always-empty palatial, extravagant
bike shelters at the Lacewood Bus terminal are barely a fraction of a percent of that. These folks just take and take and act like they are doing everybody a favour. They also pretend to be experts in all things urban planning and urban design but they
are ignorant and proud of it when it comes to city things like traffic flow. They exhibit the same behaviours they accuse car drivers of, and expect
everyone should just have to deal with it.

The fetishizing and martyrdom of the plight of cyclists seems to be a pathology that
several politicians exploit for their own issues. Cyclists
are treated like a perennial cause by progressives. I hear the same rhetoric for years: the need to "invest" in cycling infrastructure and so on.
I often hear the demand to invest in "active transportation" but it seems to be more handouts to the same activists who have no job except to demand we invest in "active transportation."

As a rate payer I've never felt included in the decision making process or be able to have any clout whatsoever. They shut out most of the city and only focus on the 1% of the population that uses bike lanes. The city staff recommendations always cater exclusively on cyclist wants, directing taxpayer funds and power to cyclists exclusively.

The hyper sensitivity to cyclist grievances and the open hostility to drivers openly espoused is beyond belief.