View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 2, 2020, 6:46 PM
Still optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
I worded it the way I did because there isn't "a" narrative, but I am responding to what I have commonly seen and not a made up perspective.

One quote from this thread (not blaming Aylmer, just pointing it out):

What's the transition process? Is Elliott Page going to physically transition to the point where an average person without background knowledge would identify him as male? How many people know that bottom surgery is actually pretty rare and has mediocre outcomes? There's a high chance that Elliott will be a male-identified individual with a vagina, which will be a relevant consideration for sex partners or health in the future.
It was presumptuous of me to assume what his transition will look like, you're right. But woah, I think you read a bit far into what I'm saying.

I actually really don't think that bottom surgery has any bearing on gender. Gender is a complex interplay of identity (how you feel) and communication (what you indicate to others). Bottom surgery doesn't help with the latter, because your genitals generally aren't on display. It may help with the former if you feel it will help you feel more male or female, but that's totally private and personal and no one else's business.