View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 4, 2020, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj3000 View Post
Yeah, I know the reason PA is slightly larger than OH in population (Philadelphia area). And, aside from Scranton-WB, Erie, and a handful of smaller cities/towns, most of northern PA (north of I-80) is a vast area that is among the most desolate land in the eastern US.

As far as the Dayton-Cincy stuff goes, I really have no good idea about that. I was not in that convo. But in my limited experience in Dayton, it did not feel too close with Cincinnati despite being connected to the south via sprawl. Dayton felt like its own thing more than Akron does (TV stations being just one of those things).

That's because most of Pennsylvania is mountains and forest.

Ohio is really much more dense in population/development than PA -- that's significantly apparent on the ground. Unless you're in Philly, but that's it. Ohio is a far more urban state than Pennsylvania.
You are partly correct, Dayton shares its influence with both Cincinnati, and northwest Ohio, or the Toledo region, even though its 2.5 hrs drive from Toledo, Daytons northern side is more common with northwest ohio, and its southern side is in direct correlation with southwest Ohio or Cincinnati. You can tell the difference once you cross either side of downtown. I believe it has something to do with the Ohio Valley, because it does this same thing on Cleveland, where it is extremely hilly on Cleveland's eastside in correlation with Pittsburgh, and extremely flat on the city's westside, in correlation with Toledo or Detroit