View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 9:50 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey View Post
As for the new name for the Stapleton neighborhood I would go with Concourse, to reflect the site’s airport history. Meadowlark would probably be my second choice. The other names are too generic or are of people I’m not really familiar with. I can see them naming it after a person and years later negative information comes up about them and the neighborhood has to be renamed again.
That's the rational that's been flounced around by my suburban brethren in the neighborhood and I find it to be a weak, spineless excuse to avoid naming the area after a person of color. If the bar is that it was named after a member of the KKK, that's a low clearance. As long as you didn't murder, rape, or molest someone you should be clear.

Mosley is my first choice followed by Meadowlark. Concourse is isn't in my top three, though it's better than Skyview (which is better than that Skyfield POS that was getting pushed).

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein