View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 22, 2014, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech12 View Post
So much hyperbole regarding Muni.

Is it perfect? Hell no. Is it as bad as you guys are claiming? Hell no.

It works pretty well most of the time, and i say that as someone who actually uses it to get around 24/7. If it were as bad as you guys are saying I would have killed myself out of frustration nearly 20 years ago. It doesn't see the amount of use that it does because it's "pisspoor", it sees it because it's actually pretty useful. Compared to 99% of US public transit agencies Muni is like some kind of magical non-stop orgy of awesomeness.

That said, pier 30/32 definitely has the better transit access than this new location.
tech 12 obviously, considering my other remarks I was intentionally using the term "pisspoor" as a bit of hyperbole. I agree with you.
Also I agree with those saying the old location had better transit access.

PG I think the new location could turn out to be much better as there are less constraints on the design. I wasn't all that thrilled with the old one. Maybe they will choose another firm? (fingers crossed) Heck with all the stararchitects working in the city now maybe they could get someone like Frank Gehry? (Don't shoot me)

As for the piers 30/32 -why not but a multi-use park there? Look at what they've done in NYC.