View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 3, 2013, 9:19 PM
Bring out the cranes...

What is up with all the "Never" votes? Are the Denver forumers coming on here to vote? Boy I hope you guys are wrong with that, otherwise never would be lame for Salt Lake if that's the case and doesn't really give us much to look forward to in terms of new skyscrapers.

As for having either the UPAC or CC Hotel as a signature tower, I never really thought of that. I don't really see the UPAC being a signature tower since it's only going to be around 21-stories plus from what I've see it looks to be yet another boxy tower for Salt Lake. The Hotel on the other hand could be since it could be alot taller then the UPAC. But from what I've seen in other cities their CC hotels, a lot of them are of the boxy kind of shape as well.

I agree with Future Mayor that I think it's going to take having some kind of a company willing to move their regional headquarters to downtown. Goldman Sacs could be one of them since I see them out growing the 7-floors they take up right now at 222 South Main. Maybe Zions Bank if they ever want to move out of the old Gateway East tower to build their own. Maybe the Church could build a taller COB II. Or even WTCU could one day built their own skyscraper. Who knows.

The way I see it if a city like OKC could have one, then why not us. OKC isn't much bigger then Salt Lake in terms of people living in the metro.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976