View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 2, 2013, 10:54 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

I also put 2020. I really think we will get something of a signature tower, at least announced by 2020. I honestly believe the convention hotel could easily be the signature tower, or at least something tall with a unique non boxy design. I think there are two other potential keys in getting a signature tower in SLC. 1) As the financial industry continues to grow in SLC, a new comer to the market, may want to announce its regional headquarters with a new tallest, trying to one up Goldman Sacs, or another financial industry company could come to market, move into a new or existing space and Goldman may choose to one up them by building going bigger. 2) I think one thing that could be a key factor in finally getting a company to move their HQ here will be if/when SLC is announced as the 2026 host city for the Winter Olympics.

I love the "Devon Tower" in OKC. As for a more classic tower I fell in love with Key Tower while I lived in Cleveland. Cleveland has a few signature type towers, but Key Tower is the tallest by far.