View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 2, 2013, 10:27 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Poll: Will Salt Lake City ever get a signature tower?

Been going around and looking up alot of cities as of late and noticing alot of them have their own signature towers. And then I got thinking.......Do we here in Salt Lake have a signature tower? Not really. Our two tallest buildings stand about a foot or two apart from each other at 420FT and 422FT. Right now our skyline really is somewhat flat. Meaning alot of our buildings about as high as the one next to it. Alot of our towers are of a boxy shape and none are really that unique. The Wells Fargo Tower, built in 1998 stands as our tallest for over 15 years now at about the closest thing we have as a unique tower that stands out somewhat. At least for me looking at the night skyline the Wells Fargo Building with it's blue neon lights sticks out over the rest. But Salt Lake doesn't really have a tower that stands out from the rest and screams, hey look at me, I'm a signature tower.
So Today I'm asking the question, Will Salt Lake City ever truly get a signature tower? A tower that stands out and by looking at it you truly know your in Salt Lake. A tower that stands as a champion over the other towers that we have, something that would tower even over the LDS Church office building and Wells Fargo Tower. Will our time come?

I like to use the new "Devon Tower" in OK city as a example.

Standing at 54-stories and over 900FT the Devon clearly is OK city's signature Tower.
This is something I would like to see Salt Lake City get as a signature tower.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976