View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 2:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
Those tracks parallel to Earhart beeline straight for the Calliope neutral grown when Earhart makes the curve right before Jeff Davis. It would be the easier and probably cheapest way to get the tracks to Washington.

I that it's a simple strip mall, but based on the renderings it looks much better than some of the New Orleans architecture themed strip malls I've seen planned for Baton Rouge. I wish that they could put another big box adjacent to the I-10 itself and put a garage where the surface parking bordering Palmetto. Still better than nothing, but I'd love to see a feasible version of Perkins Rowe or something similar instead.
Constructions costs for parking structures are staggering so that wasn't an option with this development. No way to make those numbers work.

I would love to see a town center development here but the location and footprint would only allow for a power center and this is by far the nicest design for a power center i've seen.

Normally they are really bland and define the ugliness of the phrase "strip mall" but they are going to put a good chunk of money into this.

The one tenant that is still up in the air I believe is the one to the right of the proposed Bonefish Grill (two lots that border on Carrollton).

They've been trying for awhile to locate a grocery there as that's the preferred tenant but haven't been successful so that one might be vacant until the center opens