View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 13, 2009, 9:44 PM
Sarcstic Caper in Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedford_DJ View Post
I never thought of the ice problem (even though Google Maps shows quite the pile-up on the northside of the causeway).

As soon as Google Maps starts working for me again I'm going to do a quick sketch up of the route I think is the best for the 104. I'm going to leave the rail line out of it since it can stay with Trunk 4 across the Causeway for now.

Two little qusetions though for you Smevo;

1) How do you get Google Maps images to show up on the forum. I always end up posting a link ...

2) And you might know more than me on this. I remember a couple of years back seeing a government plan for a Port Hawkesbury bypass for the 104. Do you happen to know the routing of the proposed highway?
About posting Google Maps images on the forum, I cheat. That is to say I take a screencap, crop it in paint, and then host the jpg on my pbase account.

And for the Port Hawkesbury bypass, my assumption based on where the 104 ends at that end right now, it being planned to intersect 105, and the probable area for a new crossing, is a route similar to this here.

It probably goes either a little further south of the airport, or it goes north of it, but I doubt the airport actually poses much of a problem as it's a low traffic airport for small private planes.