View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 18, 2010, 6:37 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
Oh and calling other forumers "insane" makes you sound really classy and likable....
Have you ever read (or rather attempted to read) any of M.K.'s incredibly long-winded, convoluted posts? I rarely get halfway through his posts before I just give up and move on to the next poster. His English is so poor he creates his own words that are utterly unintelligible. That tells me that he can't even be bothered to learn English beyond it's most basic, rudimentary level. Resultingly, I often skim over his posts.

Now back to the topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
See, again, I would have to disagree with that opinion. Those towers had a lot of soul and spoke very clearly about who the architect was. Minoru Yamasaki was afraid of heights and he couldn't understand why anyone would want to be that high up and having floor to ceiling windows, which is where the distinct facade of the towers came from.
Assuming that what you said is right about Yamasaki, I hardly think that designing buildings based on one's own personal phobias gives the building "soul". What it gives it, is neuroses.