View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 9, 2022, 2:37 AM
REAL Kiwi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLA View Post
You do realize those are planted and landscaped, and Davis is plenty hot in the summertime they need that shade. I can show you plenty of neighborhoods that look just like those leafy streets right here in the LA metro. I live in the San Fernando Valley and most streets in Woodland Hills look like these streets. Even the older communities in arid communities of the Inland Empire look similar, Upland, Claremont (Davis looks similar) immediately comes to mind. Also many parts of the San Gabriel Valley neighborhoods streets are just as green and leafy.

Now if you’re talking about the rolling hills they may have a few more trees depending on the elevation but most of them also turn brown in the summer just as they do in Southern California. The only argument I can agree with would be coastal California way up north near the Oregon boarder.
I’d actually have to agree with him, it’s subtle but noticeable. I grew up not far from Davis +\-30 mins but also lived in LA/Torrance/RB and SD and central coast. It’s just average annual rainfall increases as you go north.