View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 6, 2011, 4:34 AM

I also agree that Yamasaki had some good tastes. The Twin Towers of the World Trade Center is what inspired me to take a future career in architecture and potentially civil engineering. Although they are gone I still have old memories of them, and those will never go away. The terrorists may have had destroyed them but they still live in my heart. There was something I loved in the Twin Towers. They were special. Of course they weren't the greatest looking buildings, and not everyone still has a good outlook on their looks, but to me those buildings were special. I view them in a way as an architect would. I saw it as a fabric and a child of architecture, and what the terrorists did vandalized the city.

However to me the new World Trade Center Towers including the Freedom Tower (One World Trade Center) is extremely unique. It is quite a good demonstration of modern 21st Century engineering and architecture, and I don't think it should be ignored. I actually do want to see this building along with every other building on the World Trade Center to be completed to fill that former hole in our skyline. Hopefully 1 WTC would be able to fill in the jobs of the former WTC Twin Towers, and finally show the world that we have had recovered, that we would stand up to our enemies, and that we are back in business as people come back to work in Lower Manhattan, and take jobs where people in the Twin Towers have had taken before.