View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 28, 2019, 7:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicPhilly View Post
So I went into Center City for the first time in almost two years. I was amazed at how good the projects along Market street are coming along. The Gallery renovation looks absolutely fantastic, at least from the street level. I was very skeptical about the renderings we'd seen (very annoyed they were leaving some of the original windows in place) but I have to admit everything looks great. All the signs, the lighting, and the additional work they have done at the street level have finally transformed Market East into a vibrant and great looking part of Center City.

I was down there with my Mom (it was her birthday) and even she - a perennial skeptic and hater of the city - was impressed with all the changes that have taken place. We walked down Market to Independence Mall. The walk was much greener and more vibrant than I have ever seen it, culminating in Independence Mall and the latticed ivy along the Liberty Bell pavilion. We were going to the Museum of the American Revolution (she'd always wanted to go) and the walk was really beautiful.

By the way, if you haven't been to the museum you have to go. A great addition to the already impressive collection of museums in the city. Honestly, it is now probably my favorite museum. Very well done. The movie about George Washington and his field tent is worth the price of admission (it is expensive) alone. Get there if you haven't been! There. Yet.

(Sorry I wasn't sure if it was a proper to end that sentence with the word been. Although now I suppose I've made everything worse, as there and yet, alone, cannot possibly constitute a proper sentence. Somewhere Sister Mary Vincent is cursing me for using poor sentence structure.
Someone might want to lock down this account. It's obviously been hacked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicPhilly View Post
I don't care. I hope she's rotting in hell. Bitch).
Wait. Hold up. Nevermind.