View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 8, 2019, 8:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastidaho View Post

Kind of backhanded there..
Not at all, as it comes from a lifetime of experience and direct involvement in certain aspects of the project. The fact that it was built at all is impressive. We’ll just gloss over the fact that the roadway leading to it won’t be complete for another 3 years (partially because the state itself didn’t believe that it would be built).

Louisiana can do great things when it actually sets out and intends to do them, and if you’re from around these parts you know just where I’m going with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckett5425 View Post
I think the terminal would have benefited by being slightly wider, creating wider circulation paths, however what is there is more than sufficient. I was surprised by the number of passengers, I enjoyed the new energy of being able to see passengers in a way that the south terminal never achieved. To put it simply, it felt like I was in a real city.

The terminal was designed in a way that people seem to want to linger and people watch, there was number of travelers hanging out at all areas of the arrivals level, and I anticipate it will continue to be this way.

I flew out on opening night and returned today and what surprised me the most was that every restaurant and bar was PACKED and/or had long lines. I think the concessions program is going to be very successful.

Downside, as expected, bathroom cleanliness is already an issue, and the automatic soap dispensers are not yet working. Also, passengers appear to be having trouble with the water bottle fillers, spilling water everywhere.

I found FIFO for Uber to be easy, I only waited five minutes at 7pm this evening. However, I think they should have included a ground transportation center on the ground floor of the short-term garage, I don't think they will ever get the kinks worked out for curb-side FIFO. Most airports seems to be moving away from Curbside TNC in favor of transportation centers.
I agree with mostly everything that you said. I love the views both inside and out. You get a real sense of people moving to and fro from every possible angle. I also agree with the transportation center idea or even if they could use the loop beneath the departures ramp. I’ve been seeing posts on social media showing extremely long lines of people waiting in the Uber/Lyft zones so maybe it’s a time of day issue but when I left out the traffic in that area was ridiculous. e.g., http://www.wdsu.com/article/passenge...w-msy/29730356

Also, apparently the baggage system failed today and multiple flights went out leaving a lot of checked bags behind.
https://www.nola.com/news/article_16...1be523668.html

Last edited by Uptowner; Nov 8, 2019 at 11:06 AM.