View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 8, 2022, 3:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by left of center View Post
How long/tall is that acoustic wall going to be? Is it going to extend over Ogden slip? I fear it may block a lot of the views of the skyline from LSD, which would be a shame. Driving on the Drive is one of the best ways to show out of towners our city.
Yeah, no podium but acoustic wall is ok.... Acoustic wall sounds fancy but in reality I suspect it's just those concrete walls on the highways to reduce sound to adjacent neighborhoods. The above rendering of the entrance to Dusable supports this.

I liked the courtyard podium design but it's design had a lot to do with serving the previous hotel for the building I'm sure. So with the hotel gone they don't really need a big fancy lobby and ground floors I guess. I do think this was a weird location for a hotel anyway.

The aldermanic privilege and NIMBYness of the approval processes irks all of us. Billion dollar developments shouldn't be bending over to a few people down the street because 'I don't like the way it looks.' I can understand complaining about traffic and people cutting through the neighborhood and other functional things. But changing the podium design and building design because of the neighbor's taste is so idiotic.