View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 9, 2019, 7:03 PM

In looking at the renderings a couple of things jumped out at me. The architecture is not at all adventurous, to put it mildly, and the footprint of the buildings seems large - though I suspect that is due as much to the height limitations as anything, since if taller structures were permitted here you could make the footprint smaller. Perhaps you also could have better quality architecture and materials. But having said all that, while I am not crazy about the central plaza opening and the stairs, it is a slopey site and that limits what might be possible for such a space. And the street-level presence on Hollis shown in the renderings looks pretty good to me.

I just find the overall tone of the report negative for the sake of being negative while offering very little in the way of alternatives. If this passes with the staff reco to refuse all aspects of the proposal as submitted, how long is the developer supposed to spend money on spinning the wheel of fortune trying to come up with a winner?