View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
By selling it to someone who knows how to make decent food?

And a one story structure is not "street scale", it's suburban style infill from when the area was urban-renewaled and needs to go.

But Chicago just really, really needs to stop building above ground parking.
I am an Attorney not an Architect, City Planner, etc., but from everything I have read https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21350253 "street scale" is something "designed to promote physical activity".

I believe a walkable/easily accessible restaurant could arguably be said to "promote physical activity".

Listen, bottom line, the building looks like its gonna stay. Instead of b*tching and moaning about it we might as well accept it. Every building does not have to be an architectural masterpiece. Some just serve as accessory pieces that add to the livability of a city. Besides, save for a some much needed warming up/greenery/plants, etc., juxtaposed against a sterile parking garage or fledgling retail store, this building is really not that bad -- particularly if warmed up.

Change the location of this building to somewhere down by Rush street and add trees, plants, etc. and would fit right in.