View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 18, 2011, 3:03 AM

Ah yes, Gaylord, that shopping center is the enclosed, 3-level Burbank Town Center Mall; it used to be called the Media City Center, built in the early 1990s. Nearby is the closest IKEA to me; yeah, I've been there a number of times.

Downtown Burbank is actually quite thriving; lots of people walking about, especially on Saturday nights, being that there's many restaurants and a cinema complex there. I don't really hang out there, though.

I do occasionally like going to Burbank for the old, retro-cool, 1949-era Bob's Big Boy. It's open 24 hours and can get very crowded.

The lamp posts that you see in those older photos are no longer on San Fernando Blvd. in downtown Burbank, but they still exist on many stretches of other major thoroughfares in Burbank, albeit now with modern light fixtures.

Here's Providence St. Joseph Medical Center on South Buena Vista Street in Burbank (where John Ritter died), with the Walt Disney Studios across the street. You can see the lamp posts, though they've been painted black.

Google Street View

~ Charles Bukowski