View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 30, 2020, 5:24 PM
Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
We kind of have this with the two Alberta cities. Especially if we take the word of that Calgarian who's been living in Halifax (Drybrain) for how Calgary is actually less busy/alive than even tiny Halifax. That's serious population ranking disproportionality right there.
That same poster also suggested that Victoria's downtown felt busier than Calgary's, which I respectfully disagree with (I've lived in both cities).

Don't get me wrong: downtown Victoria is great for a city its size and age, but in my opinion it just doesn't have the size or variety or number of uses and institutions that Calgary does in its downtown.

And granted, downtown Calgary suffers from a fairly strong segregation of uses between the CBD and the surrounding neighborhoods, but seems to me (granted, I haven't visited for a few years now) that this is changing.

Of course, this is a largely subjective exercise, and so is vulnerable to the influence of unconscious preconceptions and biases (and I certainly include myself in that assessment).
With coarse rice to eat, with water to drink, and my bended arm for a pillow - I have still joy in the midst of these things. Riches and honors acquired by unrighteousness are to me as a floating cloud.