View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 9, 2019, 1:12 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
I'm liking this one. Built in 1760 (older than my oldest building), and was the home of a signer of the Declaration of Independence.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-19017?view=qv

Seriously though, there's nothing decent downtown that isn't in the seven figures.
(I wonder what the cap rate would be on Airbnb for a pre-Civil War $1M-$2M nice little house; I have started to operate my most luxurious building this way (all units) and it's really profitable compared to yearly rental, but it happens to be in an area where the zoning allows for hotels; not sure that would be true everywhere in downtown Charleston.)
Downtown is extremely expensive, but let's keep in mind it is the most desirable area of the peninsula/non-beach region, due to the historical value of the property. You can buy nice, new properties across the Ravenel bridge in Mount Pleasant for under half a million.

Mount Pleasant is desirable because you're in downtown in a couple minutes, you're at the beach in a couple minutes and with the 526 you're at the airport in a couple minutes along with huge employers in and around the airport area.