View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 3, 2008, 1:16 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastcarsfreedom View Post
I had been sitting on my hands on this thread for the last couple of days so I wouldn't once again be branded a shit-disturber. So, today I see there has been quite a flurry of posting here...all of it absolutely unproductive.

I have lived in both the urban world and the suburban world (in fact, my formative years bordered on exurban). Regardless, I think it is obvious that some people prefer one over the other. There are justifiable reasons I've chosen to live in the suburbs, just like there are perfectly good reasons someone would choose to live in the city. It's called preference, and we're all a little different on that point...doesn't make any of us more or less a man than someone else. Last time I checked this was still a Forum, not a pissing contest.

you are right fastcars.
But when someone posts some 'points' about suburban living that are false at best, others are forced to chime in.
I too have lived in both 'worlds'. I honestly can't find one point that I prefered during my years in the burbs.
Of course it doesn't make anyone less of a man. Nobody said that.
But don't expect us to sit back while someone BS's the board about nature in the burbs and the quiet, peaceful, country-like setting.
Despite what the builders con people with, 2,000 more townhomes on Rymal Rd is NOT country living in the city. I know people in the country and they'd prefer to live on the moon before taking up residence in the suburbs.
Of course, part of this might be due to the fact that suburbia is literally paving over their way of life so there's probably some justified angst towards the burbs.
Regardless, I respect your desire to live where you do.