View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 17, 2018, 10:59 PM

I'm not 100% sure about the law itself, but I don't think they can actually sell the land for a legit price - maybe like $1. I think that's what they did for George Lucas. There are numerous laws set up to protect the lakefront's park land (and maybe just park land in general) in Chicago. Overall, it's done very well - and very rarely have things like this happened, and almost always it's for some sort of cultural institution which would eventually get money back indirectly to the city. Again you can look at what's in the lakefront park land and see 95% of it is categorized this way. I don't have a problem with a Presidential Library/Museum going in something like this. I think if it were anything other than a cultural type of institution, I would totally be against it personally.

On the other hand, in my mind is a thought about how Obama is connected to Chicago but he also is oddly quiet on some issues. That is pretty political though so I won't get into that, even though I like the guy , but he has raised eyebrows in my mind about his supposed strong Chicago ties these days.