View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 17, 2012, 8:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
The MOM Network has really started to pick up...in recent months however the Matawan branch is a stupid idea goes no where to Freehold. The Amboy , Red Bank-Forked River , and Monmouth JCT are better lines. This Project might get lumped in with the New Brunswick LRT and Busway Projects which only increase the ridership on the MOM and NEC.
I agree, the Matawan extension would be a waste.

Quote:
I think both lines of the Philpsburg Network will go through the Morristown line extension requires nothing compared to High Bridge. They also want to throw in Flemington which might be a tough sell. The PA part is on hold due to corbett scrapping funding for studies... Maybe into Easton , but who knows.
I did read once about Flemington, but that is very very tentative at this point. Does Corbett support the Lackawanna cutoff? If he does, then what's the difference?

Quote:
Its a shame they left Pennington & Manville out , both towns would benefit from having stations. More so for commutes to Philly then NY , or both. Along with Trenton bound commuters. This Project might get lumped in with the Light Rail Extension. There will be a station at I-95 , so kinda near Pennington....
I think Pennington might not have had space for a station. Who knows. Manville should definitely get a station, what's with that. I live in Hillsborough and will tell you that not really anyone commutes into Philly from anywhere around here, but there are alot that go into NYC. It's funny that there are more commuters trekking into NYC/NE NJ from Nazareth, PA than from Ewing, NJ.