Old Posted Sep 16, 2012, 4:45 AM
Greetings from New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by liat91 View Post
I doubt all of the MOM extensions will get done. The one
that goes through Monmouth Junc. down through Lakehurst is
the likely candidate, although the Red Bank line down to Forked River
might have a chance.

To bad Pennington is opting out of a station for the West Trenton Line.

The two extensions to Phillipsburg will most likely come down to one. I'm guessing the Raritan Valley (High Bridge terminus) will win out. There is mention in this thread that that line would go into PA. I suppose it would be extended on to Allentown.

As for Connecticut, that extension to New Milford is sorely needed. Surprised that there is really no discussion of extending the Waterbury branch up to Torrington or Winsted.

Fingers crossed..
The MOM Network has really started to pick up...in recent months however the Matawan branch is a stupid idea goes no where to Freehold. The Amboy , Red Bank-Forked River , and Monmouth JCT are better lines. This Project might get lumped in with the New Brunswick LRT and Busway Projects which only increase the ridership on the MOM and NEC.

I think both lines of the Philpsburg Network will go through the Morristown line extension requires nothing compared to High Bridge. They also want to throw in Flemington which might be a tough sell. The PA part is on hold due to corbett scrapping funding for studies... Maybe into Easton , but who knows.

Its a shame they left Pennington & Manville out , both towns would benefit from having stations. More so for commutes to Philly then NY , or both. Along with Trenton bound commuters. This Project might get lumped in with the Light Rail Extension. There will be a station at I-95 , so kinda near Pennington....

The Busway seems to have slowed upgrades to the Danbury line and Electrification which would have come later this decade along with 2 Infill Stations in Georgetown and Downtown Norwalk at Wall Street. For the Cost of the Busway , Fairfield Metro & West Haven Stations you could Electrify the Danbury & Waterbury Branches , Extend Service up to New Milford , Extend Service to Torrington , Restore the Maybrook line , Electrify the Knowledge Corridor and restore the Bristol Branch. About 1.8 Billion in Waste if you ask me , not that I don't mind the Infill stations the cost is inflated beyond ridiculous... The Busway is a waste and huge boondoggle....and down the road when the Knowledge corridor will need to be 3 or 4 tracked that space will be taken by a busway that most people are against. They wanted Rail...which was only priced at 50 Million if i'm not mistaken... But I do see all the Connecticut & New England Rail Projects in general moving forward unlike other states. Most of thier projects should be done by 2030....the question is when will Electrification start? Electrifying each line would only cost between 40-60 Million depending on where the line ran , some lines are very remote...others go through dense areas....