View Single Post
Old Posted May 18, 2021, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hali87 View Post
I remember seeing occasional ads for Canada's Wonderland growing up in Halifax. Marine Land (Niagara Falls) advertised here as well. It was branded as "Paramount Canada's Wonderland" back then but always seemed like more of a 6 Flags than Disney World type place (focus was mostly on the rides and not the larger "Film Industry" stuff). Even as a kid this seemed like a Toronto thing, not a Canada thing. Still, they did have more/better roller coasters than anywhere in the Maritimes.
It seems like a nice, big amusement park but general awareness of it out here always seemed pretty low to me. As you point out they don't advertise nationally (unlike Marine Land and their incessant commercials), so growing up the only people I knew who had ever been to Canada's Wonderland were those with cousins in Toronto or whatever who took them out there for a fun day trip. I'm assuming the having relatives component of the formula is essential, given that getting out there without access to a car would be a royal pain.