View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 202_Cyclist View Post
I think Portland, Maine, and Burlington are similar, although Portland is about 2 - 3 times the size of Burlington.
I didn't find them too similar. Burlington felt more spread out for the most part, except the main pedestrian outdoor mall type area. Supposedly Portland is a lot like Saint John, New Brunswick and I can see the similarities in google earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
But man, Old Port is just so close in atmosphere to Beacon Hill and the North End, nothing in Providence comes close. The cobble stone streets, dense brick rows, gaslit lamps...

Do a Street View of Wharf Street, Exchange Street, and Fore Street. This area is more Boston than anything in Providence to me.
You could say it has the most Boston-like neighborhoods, but in totality I still think of Providence as more of the Baby Boston because it actually has some highrises.

Another New England similarity I saw was that New Haven felt a lot like a stand-alone Cambridge. It obviously makes sense because of Harvard and Yale. New Haven felt very underrated, although still a gritty city overall.