View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 12, 2007, 7:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpexpress View Post
Okay everyone, I was in the office of Brandt Andersen's G Code Ventures yesterday and he showed me an email that he recieved from F. Gehry Partners. It was a rough rendering (to scale) of the new development in Lehi.

The development will have plenty of housing units, NBA Development League arena, 5 star hotel (said to be the tallest building in the state), Lehi City built resevoir (competition ski/wakeboard length and width), another smaller lake with a state-of-the-art wakeboard tow line, two roadway bridges crossing the lake and all that with tons of upscale dining and shopping centers densly huddled on its shores. Tons of housing to go around and all done by the master him self.....Frank Gehry.

I was told that the concept of the lake and surrounding buildings was inspired by southern utah canyons and river gorges (i.e. Lake Powell, etc.) I believe the planning and arrangment of the buildings will remind people of the canyon walls with the lake in the center.

The style that the buildings will take will not be sandstone and red/brown stucco like what you, the reader, are imagining, no it will be very modern and excentric like everything that a Gehry project will have!

Thats all I have for you, I saw the rendering yesterday and it is impressive. The 5 star hotel is nearly on the lake and towers incredibally high with the massive NBA arena connected.

I am stoked for this project and know that it will blow everyones mind when it is unveiled. An shame on all of you who do not like Gehry, would you rather see another Ivory Home development?

F. Gehry will be in town next week for a press announcement at Thanksgiving Pointe. I believe it will be next Friday.

Peace Out!

what the???? I haven't heard of this.. sorry if it has been discussed here, but I haven't been online much lately.. This is all in LEHI??? A 5 star tall hotel in LEHI??? a basketball arena in LEHI?? help me out here!