View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 30, 2014, 7:10 PM
Submarine de Nucléar

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehogan View Post
I go by the federal government's definition when funding these things that basically states half the route has to be dedicated ROW. The transit mall I think counts for this, as does the Harbor Structure and the TriMet bridge. If a BRT route is run over those then connects to mixed traffic, then gets it's own ROW down Powell/Foster once it gets out that way it would likely count under that definition.

With the politics surrounding TriMet right now (Clackamas County has pretty much banned rail from being installed, the state audit looks terrible for them from both financial and safety perspectives, out SE is complaining about being ignored and the biggest paper in the state is running articles about that and if the suburbs should leave TriMet) I'm not sure a new Portland-centric LRT corridor is either the best use of funds or the best use of political influence right now.
THe Powell corridor will be fully within Multnomah County. Therefore, here is an opportunity to build a MAX line where we actually have political support.