View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 30, 2019, 12:47 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
i took this today on the historic highbridge around 2pm.

its a typical traffic day, cross bronx jammed up, major deegan at a crawl northbound, but wide open here southbound, local traffic, construction, mnrr, some boats on the harlem river and pedestrians like me sweatin to the oldies -ha.
Ah... your normal day. Everything looks a-okay.

If its not jammed, something is going on, than one should worry.

Its interesting because have you ever noticed that it always seems like the one exit you have to take is always either sealed off or a lane is isolated due to construction? More of a observation of coincidence.

Like if your exit for your destination lands you on "X" street, there's a good chance that "X" street is either closed off or has a detour; just because of luck or the universe playing a bad trick on you. Maybe its just bad luck, but it always seems like for me. Like if I have to take 68th street, somewhere in Queens, on that day, and only on that day, that street will be closed off. Or if I have to get off at some random exit, let's say exit 32, good chance that exit will have some horrific issues near it.

Can never win lol.

I've ran into situations where my final destination is on "X" street, and of course... some construction that day or they closed if off because Con-Ed is working on a manhole. But had I gone yesterday, it would of been open, but yet had I gone yesterday AS AN INTENTION, it would of been closed off... see where I'm coming from. Can never win in NYC traffic. Always some hurdle to tackle. Never point A to point B without some bs.

Its the twilight zone some days.

Honorable mention to double parked trucks. Always double parked on every damn street. And they always seem to stop right in front of you and put their blinkers on.

You can't have a NYC traffic experience without running into 10000+ double parked trucks on your route. If one is driving in Brooklyn, there's a good chance that if your driving behind a truck, IT WILL STOP to double park, and than your forced to go on the left, but no one will let you go, and so your stuck there for 5 minutes.

Not to mention the traffic lights, which have horrific times. Turns green, 5 seconds later red. And you've moved 1 car length ahead in that time! Yay!!!

#struggle