View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 5, 2013, 5:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapernab2 View Post
The transit sections are the KEY to bringing people to this tip of the island. One could argue that without it, there is no need to go there or fill up any of these buildings! Businesses would stay in mid-town.

The budget is one thing (I don't think replacing the marble walls and floors with bare cement and sheetrock would save much) but to have a stunning place to end up makes a HUGE difference. Ever been in any of the old NYC subway stations? Not places I care to stay and explore!

Where would you rather be? Here in the Marble Palace? Or here : http://avenue80s.wordpress.com/2011/...ubway-station/
The problem though is right now most of the people visiting the site are tourists, who aren't coming by subway from New Jersey. Yes, the area needs a solid subway terminal, but the Calatrava design is so insane (from both a design point of veiw and a cost point of view) I don't see how it makes a whole lot of sense. They could be sacrificing a tower or two because the funds were diverted to this instead of being used above ground. I don't think people and companies want to move to an incomplete World Trade Center either!