View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 3, 2007, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppassafi View Post
Its the largest fireworks show in North America, yes larger than Macy's 4th of July in NYC. I believe it is second or third largest in the world, only behind a couple in Asia celebrating Chinese new year. Last year, they estimated 800,000 people attended. To give you an idea of the significance of this, the metro population of Louisville is only 1.3 million. The show lasts 30 minutes and costs 1 million to put on. As someone mentioned, however, it has a 31 million economic impact. So, you spend a dollar, you get 30 back. Not a bad deal if you ask me. The show is free to the public and may be viewed from KY or IN, or a downtown skyscraper if you are connected or have loot. The show will be broadcast in all HDTV this year. It will be seen worldwide on the USA troop network, and will be simulcast on several cable stations. I think CNN may do a delayed broadcast. www.thunderoverlouisville.org
Gee. And people in Cincinnati make a big deal over the Riverfest fireworks, which is puny in comparison. But then again, this is Cincinnati. People make a big deal about the littlest things here, making it sound like it is the best you can find anywhere.

<sigh> If only Cincinnati could see its full potential and do something big. This place depresses me. There really isn't anything around here to be proud of. Everytime we try to do a "grand" project, or even THINK about doing one, some other city in the region beats us to it and does something even better.