View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 31, 2019, 6:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Like this?
You're asking ME to defend RTD?

Quote:
Per passenger subsidy for this service is $19.97 and the average fare is $1.14.
That service needs to be shit-canned.

My K.C. post does point out the (repeated) failure of basic bus routes in the Suburbs where at least this micro-transit option has been a popular success.

Quote:
The perception is more of a mobility option of last resort than a viable commuting alternative. But how to change this so the working poor flock en mass instead of making poor financial decisions? Offering the service via Uber is certainly an option.
Well stated.

I don't have ALL the answers and some things are best left to people much smarter than I am. Seattle has started using micro-transit as a first and last mile access to light rail stations (as I understand it) and that also is apparently going very well.

Lastly, five-tenths percent sales tax is a significant chunk of money. If they can't find a transit mode that actually performs well then there's a whole lot of things that Westminster (et al) could use that money to accomplish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
As to the point about having municipalities run their own local bus services with a regional agency handling cross-border ones, broadly I think that's a good idea, with a few caveats that we can discuss if you want to.
You must be getting old; you're too 'old-fashioned'.