View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 11, 2019, 8:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
right wingers complain that SSP is too left wing.

left wingers complain that SSP is too right wing.

regular people are like "ehhhh, it's about right".
I wish this discussion were happening in some other thread but since it's here I have to say: The thing that bothers me about SSP is not whether it's left wing or right wing but the (1) snark and (2) lack of respect for the other side of any argument.

If you can't disagree with someone without calling them a "cultist" or some other name, or suggesting their disagreement is just because they just haven't read enough like you have or otherwise insulting anybody holding any opinion not your own., there's something wrong.

OK. Now. Isn't there a section somewhere for discussing the issues of SSP? I think the topic here is too important--essentially it's about how long some of us can continue to live in the cities we have called home for many years--to have it hijacked. In many ways, this subject is more important than how good the transit is or how tall the buildings are or any of the rest of it. It wears you out when you get panhandled 3 times within a block from your front door or worse, attacked at least daily by some raving lunatic. I never go anywhere now without my pepper spray and personal taser.